T19 Transmission

T19

1. T19 Transmission
  2. Borg Warner T18 Transmission Specs
  3. T19 Transmission Overdrive

T19 Transmission

Okay, so I'm pretty positive that the tranny I ordered off of eBay is a T18 instead of a T19 like I thought. No big deal at all really. It wasn't advertised incorrectly but it also wasn't overly advertised, but anyway I was wondering if it was possible to integrate T19 parts into the T18 in order to achieve a synchronized first gear as this truck will be sorta for fun and scootin around no hauling anything in the back or trailers so I don't really need the real low granny gear anyway but I do want a four speed. I thought you might be able to since the two transmissions are almost exactly alike, but I don't know much about transmission internals YET so I have no clue if it is possible. If it isn't I will learn to live with it until I can find an actual T19. I will probably sell the 3.03 tranny I have with the Hurst floor shifter to cover the cost of the T19 and keep the T18 in the barn in case of something happening or my Dads 7.3's 5 speed quits working (If there is a bell housing adapter, the second gear syncro is going out).
Thanks, John
T19 Transmission

Borg Warner T18 Transmission Specs

• Knowing what numbers mean Borg Warner might save you a trip to the computer. For example, on a Borg Warner T10, the identifiers T-10 and/or 13-04 should be imprinted on the transmission housing. On a T5, the identifier should begin with 13-52. The casing number on a Borg Warner T19 is 1309and the T18 casing number is 1301.
  • Borg Warner transmissions are covered in this section; T19 rear wheel drive (RWD), typically used in Ford F-Series Truck, P-Series Van and full sized Broncos. International Scouts and Travelall used this 4.
  • I then drug the T19 (which, BTW, is a good bit heavier!) under the Scout and proceeded to install it. This was the fun part. I spent 2 or 3 days under the Scout trying to get that transmission installed! I used the hoist on the rear side of the T19 and then swung the transmission's bellhousing by hand. But it was still a heavy pig.
Gear

T19 Transmission Overdrive

T19 Transmission Bronco Tech - Archives. I have a T-19 in my 74 and works great for me. I have the 4 to 1 first gear and running 35's with 4:11's. 1st gear is very usable on the street. Browse our inventory of new and used Borg-Warner T19 Transmission For Sale near you at TruckPaper.com.